Workflow: Account is on track to overspend
This article will walk you through how to create email alerts when an account is on track to overspend.
NOTE: Make sure that you have defined the monthly target spend for this client or it will default to $0.
From the performance dashboard, select the client you want to build a process for.
From within the Client Account section, click on Accounts.
3. On the Accounts Processes section, click on the + button.
4. On the New Process modal, enter a title for the process. Then, click on Save.5. Select which campaigns you wish to run this process on.
6. In the Automate section, click the Enable automatic run checkbox to run this process automatically. Select how often you want to repeat this process, the start date, end date and run time.
7. In the Metrics Group section, select Custom under the Other dropdown menu.
8. With custom metrics you can build almost any metric combination into a logical step.
In this case, we want a step that compares spend this month vs projected spend, so you can send yourself an email if it looks like you will overspend this month.
In the Add Field field, use the drop down options to select Account Level, Cost and this month. Then click Add.
Your formula should look like this now: [ACCCost (this month)]
This compares yesterday's impressions against 15% of the daily average number of impressions (last 30 days)
9. Next we need to add what we think will be the cost for the remainder of this month, and we do that by taking yesterdays cost and multiplying it by the number of days left in the month.
Continue using the drop down options plus the dynamic #Days Left This Month and Target Mth Account Spend buttons, until your formula looks like this:
([ACC Cost (this month)] + ([ACC Cost (last 1 days)] * [MthDaysLeft])) > [TAccSpend]
10. In the Nickname field, enter Projected Cost > Target?.
11. Click and hold the dark square in Start element, then drag it down and drop onto Projected Cost > Target? element.
12. To send yourself an email if your impression drop custom metric is triggered, click on Email in the Actions section.
13. Set up the email.
- Enter your email address
- Enter a subject - Pro Tip: Use a dynamic field here (buttons at the bottom) to build a subject line like "ALERT - [Client] had low impressions yesterday"
- Add some information in the email body of you like
- When finished, click Save.
14. Click and hold the Y button of the Projected Cost > Target? element, then drag it down and drop onto Send Email element.
15. When impressions have not dropped significantly, let's set it up to ignore those campaigns. In the Actions section, click on Ignore acc.
16. Click and hold the N button of the Projected Cost > Target? element, then drag it down and drop onto Ignore acc element.
You have finished setting up your account alert that will monitor your client for possible over-spend.